No text is worth risking you life or the life of another by causing a texting related accident!
California Vehicle Code 23123.5 states:
(a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.
California Distracted Driving Laws states:
1. In California drivers are not allowed to use mobile phones for calling, nor reading or writing text messages while driving on a public road.
2. Drivers may use cell phones for texting or calling IF they have a hands-free system installed.
3. All drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using phones even with a hands-free system.
* Over 25% of car accidents are caused by texting and driving.
* Texting while driving has a 600% higher chance of causing an accident than driving drunk.
* Texting while driving reduces attention for at least 5 seconds, causing a 400% increase in the amount of time taken off the road.
#DontTextandDrive #ItCanWait #PLM26 #AV411