Man Charged with Triple Murder in Palmdale

Man Charged with Triple Murder in Palmdale

May 6, 2019

 

A 35-year-old man has been charged with shooting four men in Palmdale earlier this year, killing three of them, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.


Jonathan Paul Misirli (dob 8/29/83), a transient, faces three counts of murder as well as one count each of attempted murder and second-degree robbery.


Deputy District Attorney Ryan Williams said the charges include special circumstance allegations of murder during the commission of a robbery and multiple murders as well as allegations of using an assault rifle and causing great bodily injury.


Arraignment was scheduled today but it was continued to May 28 in Department A01 of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Antelope Valley Branch. Case MA076224 was filed on May 2.

Victims Olukayode Owolabi, 28, Sean Cowen, 24, and David Licona-Hernandez, 31, were allegedly shot to death at they sat in two vehicles near Ranch Center Drive and 40th Street West on Jan. 16, the prosecutor said. A fourth victim in one of the vehicles was shot but survived, the prosecutor added.
Misirli faces death or life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted as charged. A decision on whether to seek capital punishment will be made at a later date. 

 

The defendant is being held with no bail.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
About the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office


Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey leads the largest local prosecutorial office in the nation. Her staff of nearly 1,000 attorneys, 300 investigators and 800 support staff members is dedicated to protecting our community through the fair and ethical pursuit of justice and the safeguarding of crime victims' rights. 

Please reload

Please reload