The Housing Authority has been at the forefront of the ﬁght to end Veteran homelessness and has implemented measures to accomplish this goal. Recently, the Housing Authority received funding from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Homes for Heroes Initiative, to help address the lack of available housing units for homeless Veterans. The Housing Authority has committed this funding to implement its Landlord Veteran Incentive Program (VIP), a ground breaking initiative for landlords willing to provide “Homes for Heroes.”
Landlords participating in the VIP will:
• Receive up to one month’s free rent to hold vacant units
• Enjoy the beneﬁt of expedited housing quality standards inspections
• Have a dedicated staﬀ person to assist with concerns
• Receive qualiﬁed referrals to ﬁll vacancies
• Receive reliable rental payments from the Housing Authority
Here is how the program works:
1. Complete a Pre-Request for Tenancy Approval form.
2. Housing Authority staff will contact you to schedule an inspection of the vacant unit within a short period of time.
3. Enter into a signed agreement with the Housing Authority to hold the unit for a homeless Veteran and receive a monetary incentive in an amount up to one month’s rent.
4. A homeless Veteran with an active voucher will quickly be referred to the vacant unit.